It's that holiday that only comes around once a year, but deserves way more of a spotlight than just that. Another year will go by where I won't be able to share this day with my mother, who has now been watching over me for the last 14 years. Even though she won't physically be here, I still celebrate her memory and strong spirit no matter what, and I'd like to dedicate this post to her.
Before I continue to share my gift ideas, I think the most precious gift we can give to our loved ones is our time. After 14 years, I still hold onto all the random precious moments of times with her, more than what any tangible objects could ever make me reminisce.
On top of time, of course we give gifts to make our recipients feel amazing and it's an extra sweet reminder how much we love them. I handpicked five gifts that will be sure to make all the hard-working moms out there feel very, very special.
1. Terry Cloth Bath Robe | There's something about a post-shower "bath robe experience." It's a real thing...it's that dry off period where you are in an ultra cozy state, which delays putting on your clothes and facing reality. Time just stops when you're in a robe, especially when you wear this Pottery Barn one. I particularly own this one and it was the first gift I thought of for a mom to have some R&R in. They have a monogrammed option that I love too!
2. Diptyque Candles | These are the most beautiful candles I've ever seen or smelled. They don't even need to be lit and they still fill the room with an ambiance that's guarantee to please everyone's nostrils. Also, when you finish candle they make beautiful decor pieces that you can use for makeup brushes or even small flowers.
3. Anna Beck | This Bali-based jewelry is truly breath taking. The best part of this jewelry line is that there's a piece in here for every age, personality, and style. We always get jewelry passed on to us from our mothers and grandmothers but I think it can be just as special to give a piece that will make her think of you. The Anna Beck Saddle Ring is to die for!
4. Art Print | A visual like this print I got from the Corcoran Gallery in Washington D.C, made me fond over the memories of baking with my mom. Any sort of print that is a sweet reminder of a memory, or it can be from an artist or an idea that has always piqued your mom's interest can be a great decor piece that you two can a share memory between. This could even be a fun project to start a gallery wall together of family memories.
5. Moisturizer | I think one of the best kept secrets to maintain our beauty is hydrating our skin. This Clarins Moisturizer is extremely friendly to sensitive and mature skin. I find it to be one of the best. I use this on all my clients of all ages and I think it's one of the most important steps when it comes to our beauty regiment. It's a great addition to any mom's makeup bag that will make them feel good in the AM and PM.
Happy Mother's Day to all the hard-working moms out there and thank you for all that you do.