When I hear there’s a new flawless and natural way to apply liquid foundation I instantly turn into a kid in a candy store. I’ve always been a big fan of liquid foundations, but my biggest struggle is getting an even and smooth looking finish whenever I apply it. The struggle is real. Unfortunately, a lot of makeup brushes tend to give my skin a streaky look, which I notice when I go back and watch past YouTube videos (especially after I convert them to to HD!). When I invest in a foundation I want to make sure I’m also investing in a proper way to apply it and make it look the best possible too.
Clinique recently came out with an innovative way to apply foundation through their high tech dermatologist-test sonic device - The Clinique Sonic System Airbrushed Liquid Finish Applicator (say that 10x fast!). You can buy the set here or if you already have the highly rated Clinique Cleansing Brush, all you'll need is to simply attach the foundation sponge head replacing the cleansing brush head – Oh how I love beauty products with dual purposes!
The best part about this magical foundation wand is that you never have to use your fingers! Whether you’re cleansing your face at night or applying liquid foundation in the morning. You keep your hands mess-free and you’re not letting any bacteria get onto your face through your fingers. It's a win-win.
Here’s how you get the most flawless application using the Clinique Sonic System Airbrushed Finish Applicator...
- It is key to moisturize and prime underneath any liquid foundation to give it a more natural finish
- Apply the liquid foundation directly to the sponge head
- Turn on the sonic device and start in the center of the face and go outward until you reach your desired coverage
- The device has 30-second intervals and only needs to be on twice to achieve the whole face
- Gently let it glide over your face and let it do the hard work for you
How to clean it...
- After each use, clean the sponge head with soap and water and rinse thoroughly. Shake off excess water and allow to air dry before next use. Clean the back of the sponge head and the handle underneath as needed
As you can see from the picture, above this technique allows the foundation to work into my skin to mimic my real life skin. The moving sponge gives an even dispersion of the product while not allowing the makeup to build up heavily in one area. This is one of the most innovative ways to confidently apply face makeup knowing you are going to achieve a flawless finish. I used the Clinique Even Better Foundation in the shade "Buff" in this look.
Check out Clinique Sonic System Foundation Applicator here along with rest of Clinique's line. Let me know what you think about this new product in the comments section below!
*Thank you so much to Clinique for giving me the opportunity to review your beautiful new product!